A healthy, satisfying smoothie with baked apples, cinnamon and oats.
1/4 cup low-fat plain OR vanilla yogurt (your preference)
1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1 large apple, peeled, cored and sliced
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup ice
1/3 cup water
Large handful spinach (optional)
Stevia or honey to taste
- Start by sauteeing your apple in a skillet over medium heat until soft (about 5 minutes). Stir frequently – a little butter or non-stick spray is optional but not necessary.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of cinnamon on halfway through and stir to coat.
- Set apples aside and let cool to about room temperature.
- In a blender combine yogurt, cottage cheese, apple slices, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ice, water, spinach (optional) and sweetener (optional but recommended) and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor accordingly.
- Serve immediately. Top with an extra slice of baked apple, granola or oats if desired.
If you like making smoothies and you are thinking of buying a new blender why don’t you check out our comprehensive blender review. You’ll find out what to consider when buying a blender and we have reviews of blenders to suit all budgets. Click here for more information.