This twist of the southern classic, the mint julep, is a refreshing, and seasonal cocktail that is perfect for the “Dog Days” of summer that leave you sweating! Easily share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!
3 ounces dried sour cherries
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- Fill a jar with the dried cherries, and fill it to the brim with bourbon. Close tightly and set in a cool place for a week or so.
- When your cherry bourbon is ready, strain the bourbon to remove the cherries(keep them though!).
- In a small sauce pan, combine the water, sugar, and a handful of mint (bruise it up with your fingers a bit to get the flavors really working). Heat over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Strain out the mint.
- Fill a glass with ice and in it combine 1 part cherry bourbon with 1 part mint simple syrup.
- Garnish with extra mint and fresh cherries, and enjoy!