A recipe for a non-alcoholic Frozen Strawberry Lemonade that rivals that of McDonalds!
2 cups frozen (or fresh) strawberries (about 24 strawberries)
1/2 cup crushed ice (or smallest cubes possible)
1/2 cup lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
3 packets of sugar substitute or 2 Tablespoons of sugar (or to taste)
3/4 cup water
1/4 lemon, sliced, for garnish
1 Tablespoon of ginger, fresh or dried (finely chopped)
A few mint leaves
- Allow frozen strawberries to thaw slightly.
- Before placing ice cubes in blender, crush large chunks by sealing securely inside a plastic zip bag and rolling over the bag firmly with a rolling pin.
- Combine lemon juice, strawberries, sugar substitute or sugar, crushed ice and water in blender jar. If blades get stuck, add more water.
- Blend on high with lid tightly secured until smooth and thick.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately. Garnish with a slice of lemon & sugar the glass rim, if desired.