This recipe for Homemade Peach Lemonade serves only 8 but it is so yummy that you might want to double it!
4 cups water
2 cups coarsely chopped peaches (approx. 3 to 4 peaches)
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup fresh lemon juice (juice of approx. 6 to 8 lemons)
1/4 to 1/2 cup additional water
4 cups ice
1 peach cut into 8 wedges, for garnish
- Place the peaches, water & sugar in a saucepan and slowly bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and let the mixture cool for about 20 minutes. Then very carefully pour mixture into a blender or food processor.
- Blend or process until smooth. Pour into a large container and refrigerate peach puree for approximately 3 hours (or overnight if preparing a day ahead).
- After peach puree has chilled, press the mixture through a sieve into a large container, reserving the liquid and discarding the solids. Pour peach juice into a pitcher and add lemon juice. Stir until combined. Taste and add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water to dilute if too concentrated.
- Serve by pouring approximately 2/3 cup of peach lemonade in a small glass over approximately 1/2 cup of ice. *Garnish with a peach wedge if desired.