Wonderful and delicious recipe for non-alcoholic strawberry lemonade.
1 cup sugar
1 cup of water
1 pint fresh strawberries
1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 8 lemons, seeded and squeezed)
1 ½ cups plus 4-6 cups cold water
1. Combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Heat on medium until the sugar in completely dissolved, stirring and swirling the pan frequently. Let cool.
2. When the above syrup has cooled, puree strawberries in a blender with ½ cup water.
3. In a large pitcher, combine strawberry puree, syrup and lemon juice.
4. Add 4-6 cups of cold water. You can add as little or as much as you want to achieve your perfect sweet and tart balance.
5. Serve over ice. Garnish with fresh strawberries and lemon slices. Enjoy!