For coffee ice cubes-
2 tablespoons Godiva Hazelnut Creme coffee
2 cups water
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon (1 packet) coconut sugar
1½ cups light coconut milk, divided use
To make 2 drinks-
12 coffee ice cubes
½ cup light coconut milk
¼ cup Frangelico Hazelnut liqueur*
1 cup vanilla ice cream
Garnish: cinnamon powder and organic unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Brew 2 cups of Godiva Hazelnut Creme Coffee in your coffeemaker using 2 heaping tablespoons of coffee and 2 cups of water.
2. Transfer the 2 cups of freshly brewed coffee to a small saucepan. Whisk in the cocoa powder, coconut sugar and coconut milk. Cook over medium-high heat, whisking often, until the cocoa powder is dissolves, about 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
3. Pour into two ice cube trays – should fill 2 ice cube trays, about 24 ice cubes – enough to make 2 freezes and 2 more for another day
4. Allow the coffee ice cubes soften a bit. Put 12 ice cubes into a blender. Pour ½ cup coconut milk over. Add vanilla ice cream and Frangelico. Pulse until blended, stopping now and then to mix the ingredients with a long-handled spoon if necessary. Pour into two goblets or tall glasses, sprinkle with cinnamon and coconut flakes.
* Of course, the liqueur can be eliminated for a non-alcoholic or kid-friendly drink.